Caterpillar Setups > Collapsible Cages
12" collapsible cages generally are available in black or white. Oddly enough, it is easier to see through black cages than white cages where the brighter it is, the better black is over white.
The 13" by 13" by 24" is nice to use when you need see the contents of the cage where it easier to see caterpillars, host plants, and/or live butterflies than similar white popups. Ideally used for:
- Breeding painted ladies, red admirals, monarchs, buckeyes, and other butterflies
- Rearing caterpillars on potted host plants less than 24" tall
- Obtaining eggs from Viceroy or Lorquin's Admiral Females on potted arctic willow trees.
The 24" by 24" by 36" Butterfly and Caterpillar popup cage ideal for raising caterpillars in larger quantities either on potted host plants or on cuttings. It is also ideal for obtaining eggs from larger swallowtail or brushfoot butterflies.
These 13" by 17" cylindrical popoup cages are ideal for several applications:
- Rearing caterpillars on potted host plant
- Emerging butterflies by placing chrysalides at the bottom of the cage or attaching to the side
- Placing up-side-down over live plants with live females or caterpillars to protect from predation